Saturday, September 3, 2011

Brooklyn Added To Federal Hurricane Irene Aid Grant


Community leaders applauded a decision Friday that will grant federal aid to Brooklyn in the wake of Irene.

The borough was the only one in the city not declared a major disaster area earlier this week.

Borough President Marty Markowitz complained about being left off the list since he said Brooklyn sustained more than $25 million of damage.

Markowitz said he's glad the borough is getting public assistance and added that it should have never been in doubt.

The new declaration means Brooklyn will receive money for debris removal and repairs to damaged facilities.

Several upstate counties were also added to the list today, meaning homeowners, renters, and businesses owners will receive financial help.

Read/View More:

By NY1 News - September 2, 2011

A Walk In The Park - September 1, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment